Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fascinating Blog and Hilarious Science Videos!

I got nominated for a "Fascination Award." What a nice honor! You can click here to vote for me...I was nominated for my post about my Sensory Details and Bacon lesson!


accelerated degrees

And in other news, the Science STAAR test is coming up! Here's a secret, I LOVE my job, but I REALLLLLY miss teaching science!! So, I've been sneaking in some science lately to help my team get ready for the test coming up this week! We've done several non-fiction reading activities with science books.

But, what the kids and I love most of all is sneaking in some Mr. Parr science songs from Youtube! They are perfect to throw in here and there for a little song break! If you haven't checked these out, you must!! Each video is a pop song with the lyrics changed to be about science topics. The vocabulary and depth of the concepts are definitely grade 5 and up! Here are some of my classes favorites:




There are so many more, so I hope you check them out! Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Casey!

    Thanks for the tip...
    "The Rock Cycle" is debuting in my class on Monday!!!
    I just know they're going to love it?

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, congrats on your nomination! I'm headed there to vote next. Thanks for sharing the video clips and for stopping by the Corner.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower:) Stop by and visit me...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THE ROCK CYCLE SONG :) Obviously I'm excited to have found these videos!
    ☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your nomination!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Casey! I love your blog! I'm giving you the One Lovely Blog Award! Stop by my blog to see what it's all about!
    Allie
    The Gypsy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there!!

    I have nominated you for a blog award! Go to my blog and check it out!

    Mallory @ {6th Grade} All-Stars

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're blog tooo-cute! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award: Check it out :) http://www.diaryofateachaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw that you had commented a little while back on The First Grade Parade about wanting to attend a North Texas Blogger meet up. We are planning another one and would love to have you! Check it out here: http://pattonspatch.blogspot.com/2013/07/north-texas-bloggers-come-meet-with-us.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the nomination! I'll be sure to get on a vote for you! And thank you so much for sharing these ideas and videos. I'm always looking for videos to share with my kiddos! I've just become a new follower and I'm so excited! If you’re interested, I’ve just moved my blog and am having a HUGE moving sale!!! Everything {and I mean EVERYTHING from lesson plans to clipart} are FREE until January 1st. Come check it out! My blog is: theartofteachingintodaysworld.blogspot.com
    I can’t wait to see you there!
    Love, Bri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep sharing such a great article! Are you stuck with your assignment? GoAssignmentHelp is one of the best Nursing Assignment Help service providers that provide best engineering assignment help to those students who face these issues and write Psychology Assignment Help and score good grades.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teaching Science to the students is so interesting. They come to know about new things. Moreover Bring the use of these science animated videos makes it more joyful. Now it's time to avail vacuum sealer bags for more information.

    ReplyDelete