Tuesday, April 19, 2016

We Love Eric Carle

This post originally appeared on my other blog. I'm slowly working to consolidate the blogs. I have added some updates to the original post! 

Eric Carle books and merchandise have infiltrated our home, and I love it! I've always loved his work. I loved using The Tiny Seed when I taught second grade. I loved doing Eric Carle inspired art projects, and I really thought about doing Pottery Barn Kid's Very Hungry Caterpillar bedding in Caroline's nursery.

I thought I'd share a few favorite Eric Carle items with you!

First of all, I have LOVED The World of Eric Carle and Gymboree line. Here is Caroline sporting her Caterpillar pajamas from winter of 2014. She had mismatched pants in the first pic, but you can see the cute polka dots in the second pic! (Update, Gymboree does not have an Eric Carle line anymore, but I wish they would make more!!!)



Caroline loves this Caterpillar neck pillow.






I found this awesome Eric Carle alphabet canvas at Target. I can't find it on their website right now, but the link above is for the same one at Walmart. I have the "girl" version, but there are other cute versions out there.





So, my genius mom took an early childhood teaching ideal/principle I learned in school and applied it to Caroline's room. In the classroom it is recommended to have many literacy items such as the alphabet or a word wall down on the child's level. I had never thought to hang a canvas like this so low in a bedroom, but it totally works. As you can see below, Caroline at 18 months was already enjoying it! :-) Now, we can actually discuss the letters/animals and use a pointer to tap the peacock, letter o, etc etc. This canvas would be an awesome piece to hang down low in a hallway, playroom, behind a door, etc. (Thanks, mom!!!)



Finally, of course we LOVE to read  many many Eric Carle books! One of our current favorites is From Head to Toe. It is awesome for teaching certain actions + body parts! It is also a great book for working on verb-words with your toddler.



It is also fun to read this book with your toddler/preschooler in front of a mirror so they can watch themselves do the actions!


What are some of your favorite Eric Carle books and Products?

No comments:

Post a Comment