Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Itty Bitty Storage Containers



Don't you love these tiny containers? I sure do! My school's math coach suggested a fantastic use for these. Our district's math curriculum is Investigations Math, and it includes many games where the students have to roll two dice.

Problem: Sometimes it drives me crazy when the kids roll their two dice and they fly to opposite sides of the room...

Solution: Roll the dice in this cute container! (There really is enough room for the dice to roll inside there.)



I love keeping these tiny dice boxes in a tub and they are instantly ready to pull out for games! By the way, I bought these at Dollar Tree. A pack of 8 for one dollar! Can't beat that.

I also found these cute little colored ones at Staples, and I love using them to store play money to pull out for counting/games involving money. They hold a perfect amount.



I think purchasing storage containers is an addiction for all teachers, and I think these are especially hard to resist!

16 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog tonight. I teach 5th grade too...in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband keeps telling me he's going to have an intervention for my storage container fettish!! I can't wait to try the dice idea. I also really like to use the gerbers plastic baby food containers for small storage needs. I work in the school-age room at a daycare and the infant room loves providing me with empty baby food containers! Great blog! Can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @table for two, Thank you! Baby food jars are wonderful, too!! I can't get enough of finding uses for different storage containers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! It reminds me of the little bubble on the game "Trouble".

    ReplyDelete
  5. agh! What a fantastic idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Natalie, I was thinking the same thing! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius!
    I featured this post on my blog today. Feel free to stop by and pick up a featured button!

    http://www.flexibledreams.com/2011/10/genius-pure-genius.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baby food containers are really helpful and must be kept for babies . during baby care even small mistake can affect babies health .So it's good to keep attention on these stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these containers are really good as baby food containers... alittle small but its good for baby...
    online baby toys

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Pinning it onto my board for The Jenny Evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want some great ideas about Self storage in Kunda Park? I am new here and don't know much about this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is seriously one of the coolest things I have read! that is definitely a cool life hack. container storage minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s truly a nice and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this useful info with us.Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have read the post and the information which you have shared that is really good and useful.
    container storage

    ReplyDelete
  15. Problem: Sometimes it drives me crazy when the kids roll their two dice and they ... storagelids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete