Monday, November 28, 2011

December Books!

Learning with Mrs. Parker is having a link party for favorite December books! Definitely want to play along with this one...I have too many to name, but these are my top choices.

I've posted before about how Tome DePaola's Legend of the Bluebonnet and Legend of the Indian Paintbrush are two of my ultimate favorite books to teach with during the fall! So, I love using this book to review back to the themes of those books...



Of course, we love Miss Nancy!



And you just HAVE to read this every year!



I LOVE the illustrations in this book! So sweet and cheerful!



Happy Almost December!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Casey!

    I gave you a Shout Out on my blog!
    Come take a look!

    http://joyin6th.blogspot.com/2011/11/sunshine-radiating-from-california.html

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not care what grade you teach, there is always a way you can fit The Polar Express into it! I am so excited to read it to my kiddos!

    Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Legend of the Poinsettia. It is so beautifully written. I recommend the Christmas Gift by Francisco Jimenez for older kids.
    Great blog design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Casey -

    I've actually seen the Snowmen countdown book and considered getting it; you sold me! Thanks for your amazing recommendations.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete