Wednesday, August 31, 2011

CAFE Menu

Last year, I decided to make my CAFE menu spell out FACE, and I referred to it as the FACE of a reader...



I decided to change it up a bit this year, my sweet sister-in-law gave me a little help with the design...Not the greatest picture, but you get the idea...



After I printed these out, I just put a glitter letter in the circle to make the acronym. I used one of my favorite Kevin and Amanda fonts. When I taught second, I always wanted everything to have super clear print for the kids to read, but now that I'm with older kids it isn't quite as big of a deal...Plus, my kids have seen the CAFE menu for a couple years now. I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

CAFE Template

2 comments:

  1. I like that your focus wall is so close to your cafe board. I might have to change mine next year...I think it helps tie everything together.

    If I remember right the 'sisters' like cafe better than face, since comprehension is the focus of reading.

    Have a good year.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pat, the 'sister' do put CAFE first. Daily 5/CAFE are part of our district curriculum, so the students see the same things every single year...we try to mix it up a bit for fun! Hope you are having a great year!

    ReplyDelete