Friday, September 2, 2011

WINGCLIPS

I just discovered a wonderful resource called Wingclips! My school counselor started using this site for some of her guidance lessons. This site allows you to look up different themes or virtues, like courage, honesty, respect, etc. It pulls up all sorts of clips from various movies.

The clips are short and perfect. Plus, I've noticed that it has a huge variety of movies. Some are for older students, but there are definitely things that can be used for young children as well.

It might take some searching and digging, but you can find some fantastic clips for all kinds of lessons. I think this goes especially well with so many of our themes and ideas we cover in reading: like this one about Rosa Parks. What a neat resource!



Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! Thanks for sharing:) I just hope it can make it through our school filter...also, thanks for the words of encouragement when I'm down and missing my baby:) I am sooooo excited!!! She is coming home tonight for the weekend:)))))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool Casey!! Thank you so much for sharing. I will be shairng this with all my friends! What a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! @Tara, I hope you have a fantastic weekend with your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you as a Top 10 recipient of one of the awesome blogs that make me smile:) Here is the link for that

    http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2011/09/some-of-my-top-10.html and this link to get your award button http://bit.ly/rtHPbL. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete